An Item level modifier is a modifier that applies to all the sizes in the same item(s) within the same menu category.
In this article, you'll learn how and where you can use the Item level modifier.
1. Be on the Control Panel
2. Go to Menu tab
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to add an Item level Modifier and add items to it?
How to add an Item level Modifier and add items to it?
You can choose any menu item in any menu category of a menu. Here, for example, let's take a look at the options available for the BBQ Chicken Pizza menu item in the Pizza category of the Wednesday Special menu that we created in the article - 3. Adding a Menu Category.
Take the following steps:
1. Go to Wednesday Special,
2. Go to Pizza,
3. Click on BBQ Chicken Pizza
Now, let's say that the BBQ Chicken Pizza item comes with a Choice of BBQ Sauce modifier.
[And this modifier only applies to the BBQ Chicken Pizza item(s) within the same menu category (Pizza category)].
Adding an Item modifier
1. Go to "Modifiers...",
2. Go to "...to all BBQ Chicken Pizza items"
Go to the dish modifier properties window on the right side of your computer screen.
3. Add Name,
4. Check-in Required (optional),
5. Save it
And the Item modifier has been added:
Note: This Item modifier won't show up in the Order online menu until you add the items to this modifier.
Adding items to the Item modifier: Setup and Output
Let's say, the BBQ Chicken Pizza comes with 2 types of BBQ Sauce choices - Regular and Spicy BBQ.
1. Click Choice of BBQ Sauce modifier, then
2. Click on Choice of BBQ Sauce Modifier Items..., that appears right next to Modifiers...,
3. Hit Edit,
4. Click Add new option and add Regular and Spicy BBQ items,
5. Save it
1. Go to the Order online menu
2. Go to WEDNESDAY SPECIAL > Pizza > BBQ Chicken Pizza
Note: Since this is an Item level modifier, the changes won't appear for the Heart Attack Pizza that we created in the previous article - 8. Category Level Modifier, in the same Pizza category.