Learn the differences between Static and Smart upsells to understand them better.
1. Static upsell is a general item recommendation but the Smart upsell is a personalized recommendation based on customers’ collective buying behavior.
2. Static upsell items will always show up in the cart irrespective of what items the customers add to their cart. Whereas, the Smart upsell items will appear to the customers depending upon what items they add to the cart.
3. Static upsell items will only show up in the cart, whereas, the Smart upsell items show up as pop-ups and if ignored by the customers, will again show up in the cart alongside the Static upsell items during the checkout process.
4. For Static upsell, the restaurants can manually select the items they want to upsell, but they have no control over the Smart upsells as these items are only generated by the system.
5. Once the customers add the Smart upsell items from the pop-ups or the cart, those items will disappear from the cart. But the Static upsells will always show up in the cart even after adding them.